Two of the five channels are calibrated to provide over 5 octaves of 1V/octave pitch CV. The remaining three channels are general purpose outputs (for use as e.g. gates, envelopes, LFOs).
- Channels 1-2: 0-5.3V (when trimmed for 1V/octave response)
- Channels 3-5: 0-10V or ±5V (jumper selectable per channel)
- D/A conversion: 8 bit, using high precision Analog Devices DACs.
- Indicators: LED for S/PDIF sync lock; 2 LEDs per channel on channels 3-5 indicate output voltage ( ve/-ve)
- 5 headers for connecting ES-4 Gate Expander modules (see below)
- Digital audio I/O header (I2S format) for future expansion
The ES-4 works with coaxial digital S/PDIF connectors, with a standard rate of 192kHz. While the ES-4 is specified to run at 192kHz, at the time of writing this has not been tested. Operation up to 96kHz however has been tested and verified.
Since S/PDIF is a stereo-only format, the encoding of the five channels on to two is handled by software to be provided as part of Expert Sleepers Silent Way.
Digitaleingang: koaxial S/PDIF
Digitalausgang: koaxial S/PDIF
Analogausgänge: 5x 3,5mm-Buchsen, DC-gekoppelt
3HE Eurorack-Modul, 8TE breit, 51mm tief
This item is discontinued or sold out and no longer available, please feel free to look for comparable new stuff in the following categories.