Highlights of the Continuum and it's operation:
- 16 voice three dimensional polyphony via a highly optimized Midi data stream.
- Internal sound generator specifically designed to take advantage of the expressive possibilties of the Continuum.
- Pitch resolution allows for seamless polyphonic glissandos and the ability to microtune intervals on the fly.
- Ultra-fast performance response regardless of polyphony.
- Configurable via surface interaction, external computer editor, or Midi input.
- Advanced communication to DSP hardware from Symbolic Sound Corporation.
- Internal pitch processing allows for optionally rounding pitches to equal temperament, just, and user definable scales. This rounding is intelligent, accurately preserving vibrato and glissandi effects.
- Pitch processing allows for scalable and non-linear pitch mappings of the Continuum surface.
- Innovative dual pedal support, including "dynamic" sustain and sostenuto, allowing for continuous depth control of sustained notes.
- Mono modes which allow the user to use multiple fingers to step, retrigger, or glide between note ranges.
- Adjustable pitchbend range tailors the Continuum's response to your Midi sound device.
- Pressure and front-to-back can be configured for any Midi continuous controller message.
- Direct integration with the Continuum Voltage Converter (CVC) for control of analog synthesizers.
- Configurable Midi split for playing surface zone setups.
Audio Output (Analog): 24 bit D/A, up to 5.1v p-p, 100 mW power
Audio Output (Digital): 24 bit AES3, 48 or 96 khz sample rate or sync to AES3 input
Audio Input (Digital): 24 bit AES3, sample rates from 32 to 192 khz
Interface: Midi In & Out, headphone, AES3, connector for CVC
dimensions: 71 x 19 x 7.5 cm
weight: 7,3 kg
power: 40 Watt, 110 or 220 Vac