Braids is a voltage controlled digital oscillator that features 33 synthesis algorithms from 8 categories:
- Emulations of analog VCOs with morphing, double pulses ,wave multipliers etc.
- digital synthesis: ringmodulated sine waves ,"super saws", digitally filtered waves, electronic toy sounds
- vocal- and formant synthesis, also in a nice 80ies homecomputer style
- two-Operator FM
- Physical Modeling: Simulations of bells, tubes and strings with pressure control.
- Wavetable-Synthese. 2x 256 wave forms
- Filtered, colored and pitched noise, granular noise, particle system simulation
In addition you`ll find a note quantizer for the input CV. The sample rate and bit rate are adjustable (up to 96kHz sample rate), A trigger at the according input fires an AD envelope to modulate the timbre.
The VCO has controls for coarse and fine tune as well as for the voltage cotrolled complex parameters TIMBRE and COLOR. Timbre has a polarizer for adjusting modulation depth. A FM input with polarizer is available too.
Trigger input, audio output
CV inputs for 1V/octave, FM, timbre and color
3U Eurorack module, 16HP wide and 26mm deep
Current draw: 100mA @ +12V and 15mA @ -12V