The module ships with 3 banks of 64 'basic' waveforms (192 total). Each bank of 64 waves is arranged in memory as an 8x8 array, like a chess board.
The 'rows' are called 'the X direction' and the columns are 'the > direction'. The 2 panel controls and the 2 external control voltages (morph X and morph Y) scan the two axes. The third control voltage is called 'Z morph', and it determines the waveshape at the Z out. The Z control voltage 'scans' then wavetable bank from wave #1 (think as row 1, column 1) to wave #64 (row 8, column 8). For example: if X morph is set to 2, and Y morph is set to 5, the signal at XY out is the waveform stored at row 2, column 5 (the 13th wavetable). The Z out is completely independent of XY out, so if the morph Z knob is at 48, then the 48th wavetable (row 6, column 8) is the output
- coarse/fine - initial frequency of the vco
- FM: attenuates the voltage on the fm jack 0-100%
- Morph Y - sets the starting point of the XY out waveshape in a row
- Morph Y - sets the starting point of the XY out waveshape in a column
- Morph Z - sets the starting point of the Z out waveshape (scans the entire bank)
- Bank - selects the wavetable bank:
- A: sine/hammond organs
- B: widely varies
- C: LFO shapes/noise
- Range - selects the operating range of the vco frequency
Manhattan Analog's MTX is an expander module for the Morphing Terraium bringing jumper-selectable functions to the front.
1V/octave input and FM input for frequency control. sync input
Morph CV inputs for X, Y and Z
audio outputs for XY and Z
3U Eurorack module, 14HP wide, 30mm deep
Current draw 55mA@ +12V and 25mA@ -12V
This item is discontinued or sold out and no longer available, please feel free to look for comparable new stuff in the following categories.