The Stereo Triggered Sampler features two audio players and a simultaneously usable recording section. Data is stored on a micro-SD card. The module can manage up to 600 samples. They are organized in banks with ten storage slots each. Renaming existing files isn’t necessary. One sample can have a size of up to 4 GB, which equals a playback time of more than six hours. (Stereo format, 16 Bit and 44.1 kHz) The STS can read WAV files with a resolution of up to 32 Bit and 96 kHz. Micro-SD cards are hot-swappable.
The audio players of the STS come equipped with the following connectors and control elements:
- Bank button: Selects a sample bank.
- Sample potentiometer and CV input: Selects which sample within the chosen bank is played back.
- 1V/Oct input: CV connector for determining the playback pitch via a keyboard or sequencer.
- Play button and trigger input: These elements start the audio playback.
- End Out connector: Emits a trigger signal after the playback is finished.
- Pitch potentiometer: Allows users to manually alter the pitch. (Range: -4 to +5 octaves)
- Start Pos. Potentiometer and CV input: Determines the start position within the selected sample.
- Reverse button and trigger input: Switches between two playback modes. (Forward / backwards)
- Length potentiometer and CV input: Sets the playback time respectively the loop end point. Depending on knob position and incoming CV values, the STS behaves in one or another way:
- Length < 1 %: Tiny grains are played.
- Length < 50 %: A percussive decay envelope is applied to sculpt the sound.
- Length > 50 %: 200 milliseconds to five seconds of the selected sample is played.
- Length at max: The entire file is played back.
Furthermore, each player section features an audio output. The connectors can be used in two ways:
- Mono mode: Each audio player mixes left and right channel. Results can be tapped at the corresponding output.
- Stereo Mode: The audio material of both players is mixed. The resulting stereo signal is emitted at the outputs. (Player 1 = Left channel / Player 2 = Right channel)
The record section of the Stereo Triggered Sampler comes equipped with two audio inputs (left / right). Users can choose between a resolution of 16 Bit and 24 Bit. The sample rate is fixed at 44.1 kHz. – At least for the moment. A 96 kHz mode might be added in the future. Bank and sample control elements allow users to select a storage slot. Recordings can be started via the Rec button or a trigger input. A LED visualizes the level of incoming audio material.
The Firmware can be updated via micro-SD card.
1V per octave input
Two trigger inputs (Play, Reverse)
Trigger output (End Out)
Three CV outputs (Length, Start Pos, Sample)
Two audio inputs (left / right)
Record trigger input
3U Eurorack module, 20 HP wide, 25 mm in depth
Power consumption: 145 mA at +12 V and 39 mA at -12 V