The ACL case comes equipped with three module rows. Each of them is 126 HP wide. The case consists of a rugged metal body and stylish wooden side panels. Inside the case, there are four hexagonal bus boards with a total of 40 sockets for connecting modules. The switching power supply is mounted on the back of the case. Thanks to this, modules with a depth of up to eight centimeters can be installed everywhere in the case. The power supply offers the following features:
ACL Bar PSU
- Switching power supply, developed especially for modular systems.
- Minimal voltage peaks and interferences. – The result: An extremely low noise floor and very honest sound.
- +12 V – Regulated, filtered, less than 2 mV fluctuations and noise at full capacity, typically 0.5 mV.
- -12 V – Regulated, filtered, less than 2 mV fluctuations and noise at full capacity, typically 0.5 mV.
- +5 V – Unregulated, filtered, less than 30 mV fluctuations and noise. Less than 10 mV at full capacity.
- Very little heating, even at high loads.
- Overvoltage and short-circuit protection.
- Primary voltage: 100 – 240 V
- Maximum continuous power:
- 2 A at +12 V
- 2 A at -12 V
- 4 A at +5 V
ACL Power Distribution Board:
- Bus board with low impedance.
- Decoupled +12 V and -12 V rails.
- A star-shaped distribution system guarantees that all modules are powered equally. Close to no crosstalk.
- Ten module connectors (per bus board).
- Two separate CV / gate channels per bus board. – Can be interconnected via jumpers.
The ACL case is available in a desktop version as well.
Please note: The picture shows a prototype. The design of the final version differs slightly.
The metall frame has the following dimensions: 65,5 x 40 x 8 centimeters.
The wooden side panels have a depth of 35 centimeters at the bottom.
All in all, the case has a height of about 45 centimeters.