Two modes determine when quantisation takes place: in "free run" it happens only when input voltage changes. In "gate" mode quantisation happens when the RS-130 receives a gate signal.
Six quantisation modes are available:
- Quantiser: Acts as a normal chromatic quantiser for semitones
- C major scale: when offset = 0 and no CV at the transpose input it creates only a C major scale (C, D, E, F, G, A, B)
- C minor scale: when offset = 0 and no CV is present at the transpose in, only a C minor is created (C, D, Eb, F, G, Ab, Bb)
- C major Arpeggio: when offset = 0 and no CV is present at the transpose in, only a C major arpeggio is created (C, E, G)
- C minor arpeggio: when offset = 0 and no CV is present at the transpose in, only a C minor apreggio is created (C, Eb, G)
- user memory mode: creates user programmed scales
When setting a fixed voltage with the offset control (0-2V, ie. two octaves offset), you apply a fixed transposition to the scale. Anypossible scale can be set when you use the transpose CV inputs in addition.
At each quantisation process a trigger signal will fired at the trig out which you can use for clocking a sequencer or a fireing envelopes.
Usage with Eurorack:
Analogue Systems' modules are designed solely for use in cases and cabinets made by Analogue Systems. Through the use of adaptors or adaptor cables, however, it is possible to connect them to Eurorack cases.
Should you chose to use an Analogue Systems module in an Eurorack case, please note that the warranties are thus void and the use occurs at your own risk! If the module is plugged in incorrectly and therefore damaged the customer has to bear any costs for repair and shipping!
Because of the different position of the mounting holes there will be a gap of 0.5HP (= 2.5 mm) when mounting an Analogue Systems module next to a Eurorack module. Take this into consideration when planning your system. Gaps can be covered with 1.5HP wide blank panels by Doepfer.
Two signal inputs V-In, one gate input, one transpose input
One trigger output; a signal output for quantised CV
3U module in Analogue Systems form factor, 24HP wide
power consumption 110mA
For Eurorack users: This module needs an additional powerful 5V operational voltage, we recommend the Make Noise 5V adaptor and Mutable Instruments Volts.