The A-111-5V is the last chance to get your hands on a first generation Dark Energy. It features exactly the same synthesis capabilities as the desktop unit. The only things missing are a MIDI-CV interface and the housing with power supply. The A-111-5V can not only be used as a fully analog synthesizer, but as a beefy filter bank with aggressive resonance as well. Thanks to the CEM3394, which was once used in the Sequential Circuits Six-Track, the module has a somewhat classic sound. Patch points allow users to combine the Mini Synthesizer Voice with other modular equipment.
The A-111-5V features the following components:
- Voluminous sounding VCO generating a pulse wave with variable width. Additionally, a triangle or saw-tooth waveform can be added. For tuning the oscillator, there are a three-way octave switch and a potentiometer. The knob's range can be edited via a jumper. (+/- 0.5 octaves or +/- 2.5 octaves) For playing the VCO, there is a 1v / octave connector. FM and PWM modulation paths with attenuators allow users to influence the oscillator via a LFO or the ADSR envelope.
- Low-pass filter with a strong grip. The circuit has a slope of -24 dB per octave. In addition to the obligatory frequency and resonance knobs, there is a three-way key tracking switch. – Thanks to this, the filter can be played like a sine generator while self-oscillating. Optionally, this can also be done via a second 1v / octave voltage fed to the module via a patch point. Another highlight is the wet sounding, linear Filter FM. The VCO’s triangle waveform serves as the modulation source. Exponential filter FM is possible as well. Here, a LFO or the envelope is used as the modulation source. External sound material can be fed to the filter via an audio input. – Great for processing drums!
- VCA with level potentiometer. One of the LFOs or the ADSR envelope can be used for amplitude modulation with variable strength.
- ADSR envelope with range switch. (Long, medium, short)
- Two independently usable LFOs with triangle and square waves. The frequencies are determined by potentiometers and three-stage switches. Both LFOs go far into the audio range – Great for modulating the VCO’s frequency. The results sound very harsh and energetic.
CV outputs for LFO1 and the ADSR envelope
1v / octave input
ADSR gate input
CV inputs for pulse width, cutoff and the VCA
3U Eurorack module, 24 HP wide, 40 mm in depth
Power consumption: 80 mA at +12 V and 50 mA at -12 Volt
This item is discontinued or sold out and no longer available, please feel free to look for comparable new stuff in the following categories.