- Three-dimensional, polyphonic control surface with luxurious feel.
- X-axis – Determines the pitch
- Y-axis – Configurable, can send any MIDI CC message
- Z-axis – Configurable, can send any MIDI CC message
- Up to 16 “keystrokes”, each with X, Y and Z axes, are evaluated simultaneously.
- A pitch range of nearly eight octaves is available while using conventional scaling. (9350 cents)
- High-resolution pitch scaling allows for seamless polyphonic glissandi and extremely nuanced interval tuning. (Resolution higher than 0.1 cents)
- A high-performance MIDI signal flow guarantees ultra-fast response.
- Intelligent quantizing with preset and user definable scales.
- Scalable pitch processing allows musicians to use non-linear pitch mappings.
- A mono mode makes it possible to retrigger sounds or create glide effects with multiple fingers.
- Editable pitch-bend range.
- Split and layer modes.
- Internal DSP sound generator with up to 32 voices.
- EaganMatrix modular synthesizer. It was especially designed to take advantage of the expressive possibilities of the Continuum Fingerboard.
- About 350 presets.
- Dedicated communication algorithms for the DSP hardware made by Symbolic Sound Corporation. (Kyma)
- The Fingerboard can be configured via its surface, a software editor (Windows / OSX) or the MIDI input.
- Analog stereo audio output featuring 24 Bit converters.
- Digital audio output (AES3, 24 bit. The sample rate can be either 48 kHz or 96 kHz. Alternatively, it is possible to synchronize the output to the digital input.)
- Digital audio input (AES3, 24 bit. The sample rate can range from 32 to 192 kHz.)
- MIDI DIN input and output
- Two pedal inputs with dynamic sustain and sostenuto functions.
- Continuum Voltage Converter (CVC): Adds a total of 16 CV and gate outputs to the Fingerboard. (Sold separately)
- Continuum EaganMatrix Expander (CEE): Triples the polyphony of the Fingerboard. (Sold separately)
Haken Audio constantly seeks to optimize the Continuum Fingerboard’s performance and functionality. The same goes for the EaganMatrix synthesizer, which is steadily updated with new sound processors. The most recent firmware for the Continuum Fingerboard can be found here.
Digital AES3 input and output
Two pedal inputs
MIDI input and output
135 x 19 x 7.5 cm
Weight :10.2 kg
Power: 50 Watt, 110 or 220 vac