The basis of the module is a 4-pole LPF inspired by the classic "cascaded OTA" design, but realized instead with superior-quality 2164 VCAs. The cascaded OTA design was used eg. in the Jupiter-6 and the SH-101.
If the filter is in self-oscillation you can output eight sine waves which are each 45° apart in phase.The filter can track 1V/oct and thus you get a "octature VCO/LFO". Used as a filter the eight outputs are pairs of 6dB-, 12dB, 18dB und 24dB-low pass filters. If you mix different filter outputs new filter types can be created!
- Coarse and Fine tuning
- Range switch for LFO (0.002Hz to 300Hz) and VCO (17Hz to 24kHz) modes
- VC Resonance with logarithmic response for smooth control
- 1V/Oct temperature stable tracking
- Mono/Quad resonance gain distribution switch for classic or enhanced performance
- Monopolar FM1 and Bipolar FM2 attenuated CV inputs
- Single pcb design (very shallow/skiff friendly)
inputs: Audio In, 1V/Okt, FM1 (unipolar attenuator), FM2 (bipolar attenautor), Q CV input
- 2x 6dB/oct (45° and 225°)
- 2x 12dB/oct (90° and 270°)
- 2x 18dB/oct (135° and 315°)
- 2x 24dB/oct (180° and 360°)
3U Eurorack module, 14HP wide; Skiff-friendly depth of 27.5mm
This item is discontinued or sold out and no longer available, please feel free to look for comparable new stuff in the following categories.