MIDI data is fed to the module via a DIN connector. For translating signals into the analog domain, there are high-linearity 14 Bit converters. In detail, Mono-MIDI comes equipped with the following outputs:
- CV: Emits control voltages calibrated to 1 V per octave. Besides notes, the Mono-MIDI also evaluates pitch bend data.
- Gate: Provides gate voltages (+5 V).
- Retrigger: Every time a key is pressed, while there is a note playing already, the Mono-MIDI generates a short pulse signal (+5 V) at this output.
- Velocity: Emits control voltages based on incoming velocity values. (Range: 0 V to +5 V)
- Aftertouch: CV signals distributed at this socket represent (polyphonic) aftertouch data. (Range: 0 V to +5 V)
- Modulation: Provides control voltages derived from data generated by a modulation wheel (CC1). (Range: -5 V to +5 V)
- Running: This output starts emitting a +5 V control voltage as soon as a MIDI start command is received. The voltage remains until a stop command is detected.
- Clock: Emits analog clock signals. With the arpeggiator deactivated, the rate potentiometer can be used to determine a clock divisor.
The Mono-MIDI’s arpeggiator offers the following directions:
CV, gate and retrigger outputs
Velocity, aftertouch and modulation outputs
Clock and running outputs
MIDI DIN input
3U Eurorack module, 8 HP wide, 22 mm in depth
Power consumption: 65 mA at +12 V and 60 mA at -12 V