The Mini Sound Generator II is a digital instrument offering eight synthesis algorithms. You can choose between all the programs via a potentiometer. Two additional knobs and a switch are used for sound manipulation. The control elements’ functions vary depending on the algorithm chosen. Furthermore, there is a volume potentiometer and an on / off switch. The synthesizer can be powered via a wall wart or a 9 V battery.
The MSG II contains the following synthesis algorithms:
- FM: A triangle oscillator modulating the pitch of another.
- AM: A triangle oscillator modulating the volume of another.
- Detuned triangles: Two triangle waves with spreadable pitch.
- Detuned saws: Two saw waves with spreadable pitch.
- Phase distortion: One triangle oscillator, shapeable via phase distortion.
- Wavetable: A combination of 16 wavetables.
- Glitch: Does weird noises.
Input for 9 V DC power supply. (Polarity: Tip = negative, Ring = positive)
12 x 6 x 4 centimeters