Patch & Tweak is a great read for beginners and professionals alike. Patch & Tweak contains inspirational interviews with significant creators and major artists that share their passion for modular instruments. Explore their systems, philosophies, patching secrets, and performance tips.
Patch & Tweak features a foreword by Suzanne Ciani and was written by Kim Bjørn as well as Chris Meyer. Editing was done by Paul Nagle.
The book contains:
- History of modular synthesis
- Modular synthesis explained: Harmonics, voltage control, East Coast and West Coast philosophies, et cetera
- More than 100 examples of contemporary and rare modular systems / modules
- More than 50 patching tips for generic application
- Patch symbol library for inspiration and exploring patches
- Modular concepts such as VCOs, VCFs, ENVs, LFOs, VCAs and advanced techniques
- High quality images and original patch diagram graphics in full color
- Exclusive interviews with more than 25 artists and makers (Caterina Barbieri, Ian Boddy, Russell E. L. Butler, Richard Devine, Hataken, Bana Haffar, Tom Holkenborg aka Junkie XL , Andrew Huang , Lady Starlight , Node , Robert Rich , Robin Rimbaud / Scanner , Hans Zimmer)