The Poly module comes equipped with three MIDI inputs, in detail:
- A DIN connector
- An USB-A port with 5 V power supply for connecting a MIDI controller
- An USB-B port for connecting a computer, tablet or smartphone
The module's eight output channels feature four outputs each. The connectors emit voltages in the range of 0 V to +12 V. – Therefore, the Poly can play oscillators in a range of twelve octaves. In detail, the following connectors are available:
- Pitch (1 v / octave)
- Modulation (A MIDI CC number in between 0 and 127 can be chosen via a DIP switch on the circuit board.)
A switch at the front panel allows users to choose between three modes of operation:
- First (Polyphonic mode, the voices are always played from the first voice onwards.)
- Next (Polyphonic mode, the voices are played alternately.)
- Channel (Multi mono mode, MIDI channel one to eight or nine to 16 are used. The configuration is done via a DIP switch on the circuit board.)
An important feature of the Poly module is its intelligent voice management. – Only voices with the gate outputs patched are used. Therefore, it is not necessary to change any settings when, for instance, switching from a four-voice to an eight-voice patch. – A very comfortable solution.
Poly is compatible to the MPE standard (Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression).
USB A port
USB B port
Maximum power consumption: 50 mA at +12 V, 100 mA at +5 V