The module consists of two identical units, α and β, that generate rhythms from a clock:
- The upper control sets the start point of a sequence and also the reset point. In mid position the sequence starts at the "one". Turning the pot makes the sequence shift forwards or backwards.
- The middle potentiomenter sets the sequence length, from 1 to 16 steps.
- The lower control determines the fills i.e. how many notes from a sequence will be played
The switches below the LEDs select the operating mode of each channel:
- In middle position the sequence is off.
- In upper position the trigger mode is activated. The sequence will switch its output high when receiving a clock signal rising edge (low to high transition), provided the next beat in the sequence is ‘on’. When the clock signal falling edge is received (high to low transition), the output will be switched back to low (0v). This means that the output trigger signals have the same pulse width as the input clock.
- In bottom position you activate the alternating mode. The output goes high on the first ‘on’ beat, and remains high until the next ‘on’ beat. In other words, the output toggles on every ‘on’ beat in the sequence. The up and down transitions occur on the rising edge of the input clock.
The center jack |← is the reset input. Alternatively you can reset manually by toggling the upper switch (α+ β) for a short time.This switch activates the Chained Mode - it will play both sequences in one after the other, instead of concurrently. This is very useful to build up more complex patterns and you can create sequences longer than16 steps. In chained mode, the output of the combined sequence is available at both output jacks.
The module needs additional +5V operational voltage. Suitable +5V adaptors for operating the module can be found here.
One clock input and one gate output (α and β) per channel. One common reset input (|←)
3U Eurorack module, 10HP wide, less than 30mm deep.
current draw: 10mA @ +12V, 0mA @ -12V and 25mA @ +5V
This item is discontinued or sold out and no longer available, please feel free to look for comparable new stuff in the following categories.