Pulsar-23 is still in development. Delivery is scheduled to begin at the end of 2018 respectively the beginning of 2019. The price of 1785 Euro (incl. VAT) is the estimated maximum. In the end, the instrument might be a little cheaper.
The following components are planned for the Pulsar-23:
- Four drum voices: Kick, snare, bass / percussion, hi-hat / cymbal
- Four envelopes. Thanks to a sustain function, individual drum-channels can be used as noise or drone synthesizers.
- Four independent loop recorders
- Clock generator with several divider circuits
- LFO with a range of 0.1 to 5000 Hz
- Shaos – A (pseudo) random generator based on shift registers
- DSP effect with variable sample rate
- Analog distortion
- Two gates
- Two VCAs
- Two inverters
Lots of parameters are voltage-controllable. In total, Pulsar-23 comes equipped with more than 100 patch points, which can be wired using crocodile clips. Thanks to this concept, it is very easy to add components like potentiometers. – Are you up for some wild circuit bending experiments? Integrated format converters allow you to connect Pulsar-23 to modular setups.