Using the Atmegatron is pretty easy due to few controls that are easy to understand
On top there are six potentiometers controlling 10 digital functions - the four ones have double functions between you select with the button located to the right hand side.
controllable functions are: filter cutoff, filter resonance, filter envelope, filter LFO, amplitude LFO, distortion, pitch envelope, pitch LFO, pulse width LFO, phase LFO.
Most settings are done with the two encoders that have two circular scales printed around them.
the left encoder selects on of the green or functions. Press the encoder to switch between the functions of the inner, green scale or these of the outer, red scale. The LEDs within the encoder will light red or green to show you which scale has been selected.
The right encoder controls the value of the chosen function, be it values from 0-16, different divisors or filter types.
- 32 wave forms, 16 per bank
- 15 filter types. Some types like Butterworth or Bessel have no resonance parameter.
- filter normalize mode to prevent distortion at some filter settings
- two separate ADSR envelopes, one for pitch and one for filter cutoff. Decay and Release times are set together with one parameter
- one ADSR for amplitude. All parameters are set separately
- LFO with 16 wave forms. Can modulate simultaneously filter cutoff, ampltide, pitch and pulse width (see above). The LFO runs at 120 BPM with adjustable divisors. Alternatively it can be synched to MIDI Clock.
- Arpeggiator with 15 patterns and ping pong mode. Like the LFO tempo either vial internal metronome or via MIDI Clock.
- Portamento with selectable proportional mode.
- Wave form BitCrusher with variable routing: pre filter (after the PWM, pre- filter) or post filter (after phaser and distortion)
The two analog controls are volume and Bass Boost. Their values are not memorized.
Bass boost is an analogue low shelf filter that can boost the low frequency range up to 6dB. Recommended for leads and bass lines.
MIDI In and Out
headphones output (3.5mm stereo)
Audio output (1/4")
input for 12V DC power supply