How to imagine the Shimmer effect? Well, like a long reverb with pitch shifting. Using the first six programs you can create dense clouds and with the other two flanger-like effects or echos.
Following six reverb programs are included:
- Fast Shimmer. Modulated reverb, quickly decaying into an endless tail which can be pitch shifted up to ±12 semitones.
- Slow Shimmer. Like the previous program but with a slower attack.
- Dual Shimmer. Two pitch shifted voices within a reverb network, shifting the reverb decay into both positive and negative driections.
- Triple Shimmer. Two reverb voices with ±12 semitones pitch shift. One additional voice outside of the reverb without feedback and a pitch shift of ±7 semitones.
- Quad Shimmer. Four pitch shifted voices feeding info a lush modulated reverb. Creates dissonant and consonant chord textures which form a major chord at maximum pitch shift.
- ClusterVerb. Again four voices but this time within the reverb network. The result are dissonant and metallic effects.
the last two programs are other types of FX:
- Quad Detune. four short delays with pitch shifting, feedbacking each other. Strong chorus effect, partially with dissonances.
- PitchEcho. One pitch shifted voice in combination with a tape echo emulation for experimental effects.
The cartridge is manufactured by Valhalla DSP but is being distributed by TipTop Audio who have no influence on production and quantites.
ca. 35 x 17mm