The VCF-74 MK2 features an audio input with level control. First, audio material is fed to the high-pass filter. Cutoff and resonance can be adjusted via potentiometers. CV inputs plus attenuators allow users to modulate both parameters. The high-pass stage is followed by a boost circuit, which can be activated via a switch. It amplifies audio signals by approximately +6 dB. Finally, audio material is fed to the low-pass filter. Again, there are cutoff and resonance potentiometers plus CV inputs with attenuators. Results are emitted at an audio output with level control.
The new features of the MK2 version at a glance:
- The frequency response is slightly more focused on the bass range due to component value changes.
- Better performance thanks to fewer coupling capacitors and new buffer circuits at the audio input and output.
- The resonance can be calibrated via trim potentiometers.
- Improved power supply filtering and new protection circuits guarantee clean sound.
- Power inlet header was changed from 16P to 10P.
Audio input, audio output
CV inputs: High-pass cutoff, high-pass resonance, low-pass cutoff, low-pass resonance
3U Eurorack module, 14 HP wide, compatible with Skiff cases
Power consumption: 38 mA at +12 V and 44 mA at -12 V